On 4th October 2018 we held our annual Prize Giving at Bradford Cathedral.
As always, it was a wonderful occasion attended by the Lord Mayor, Archdeacon of Bradford, Dean of the Cathedral, Governors, staff, parents and students.
The prizes were based on our ‘mindset’ focus and 120 awards were given out on the evening for resilience, problem-solving and independence.
Throughout the evening we had some excellent speeches from Charlotte Blake and Jayden Szpitter well an amazing performances from Bianca Bagrin, Samuel Gates, Megan Malcolm.
Every year we grant some special awards. Please see below for this year’s winners.
- The May Rollinson Award – Sam Phillips for his contribution to society and the community with actions which make the school proud.
- The Zephaniah Award for Music – Benjamin Firth for using his gift of music for the Praise of God.
- The Richard Clarke Award is in memory of a student who tragically lost his life, but had a great passion for sport. This year it was awarded to Caitlin Hodgson for her commitment to sport within school.
- The Sophie Gillies Award for Literacy is in memory of Sophie Gillies who was a deputy head teacher at Immanuel college. This year it was awarded to Ruby Tallant for showing imagination and creativity in her written work.
- The SORTED Prize is sponsored by SORTED. Sorted began life in 2003 in North Bradford with the simple aim of getting alongside young people, building relationships and empowering them to help us form new Christian communities. This year’s recipient is Taylor Leyland-Dennett.
A huge congratulations to all students who won prizes this year!