Structure of Immanuel College Governing Body
A school Governing Body has the freedom to choose how to fulfil its statutory responsibilities. This includes how often meetings are held and whether to have smaller committees for some areas of responsibility. Immanuel Governors have chosen the following structure:
Full Governing Body (FGB)
- Meets five times per academic year
Committees That Meet Regularly:
- Leadership Management and Finance (LMF)
- Student Pastoral Care (SPC)
- Hearings Premises and Personnel (HPP)
- Achievement Standards and Quality of Provision (ASQP)
Membership of SPC, HPP and ASQP Committees:
- Governors choose which committee(s) he/she would like (& has time) to attend.
- Membership of committees is optional for governors.
Membership of LMF Committee:
- The chair and vice-chair of the FGB
- The chairs of the SPC, HPP and ASQP committees
- A parent or foundation parent governor
- Dale Smith (LEA Gov & member of Bradford Council) likes to attend if he can.
Committees That Meet As Needed:
- Pupil Discipline
Membership of ‘As Needed’ Committees:
- A minimum of three governors, who have the necessary governor training / experience and are available at the time the committee will meet.
- Appeal Committee governors will be selected from those who did not attend the relevant Hearing or Pupil Discipline Committee.
- May be setup by the FGB to focus on a very specific issue, which would otherwise take up too much regular-meeting time.
- Usually time-limited i.e. it will cease to exist once the issue is solved / new venture is started.
- Non-governors with relevant expertise may be co-opted.
- Meetings held as often as necessary to complete the task.